Summer Summer Summertime. Five Fun Things to Do in Our City!
Saturday is the summer solstice! You know what that means? It means barbecues in the backyard, trips to the beach, and hiking to your favorite camping spot! Here are our top favorite summertime activities for your staycays in Seattle!
1. The Electric Boat Company, Lake Union. This is the perfect thing to do with a group of people, or just a romantic date! You can rent one of these boats and be your own captain! Explore the houseboats of Lake Union, travel under the Ballard Bridge and take in the sights of Ponti's patio as you cruise by.
2. Fresh Seafood at the Market. It is one of our favorite past times to stroll through Pike Place Market and take in all of the free entertainment! Take your friends or family on a day trip through the market, pick up some local, fresh, wild fish, and head home for a feast! Create the perfect centerpiece with a bouquet of fresh flowers for under ten bucks.
3. Seattle Pinball Museum. That's right, folks! One of Seattle's hottest returning trends has a museum ode to the art of pin-balling. Load your pocket full of quarters for hours of old fashioned fun!
4. Woodinville Wine Experience. Spend an afternoon in local wine country sipping world-reknown wines and taking in the sunshine. Woodinville has over 50 wineries to explore, all with beautiful ambiance and many with great cuisine.
5. Seattle Underground Tour, Pioneer Square. For the history buffs in your life, this is the perfect sunny day afternoon thing to do in Seattle. In the Victorian era, Seattle had a fire, and was rebuilt on top of itself. You can now go under the old streets of Pioneer Square, and see old wallpaper, furnaces, and doorways that were abandoned, yet preserved.